Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier 2001/2002 VMSL Premier - Who will win side "B"?

Who will win side "B"?

• The I-ties

Votes: 8 24.2%
  • Indo

Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Peg

Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Marble Mouth United (Westside)

Votes: 10 30.3%
  • Sapperton

Votes: 2 6.1%
  • Sporting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Trollops

Votes: 1 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hard to pick again but even though we tied for 8th overall last year, I'm going with Peg. It won't be easy.

~TB.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I picked the I-ties. They are pissed about the way they were treated here on TTP and they are a going to tear the Premier division apart this year! That and Benji will score 20.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We've been close every year so this will be ours!
Although this is by far the tougher division,it seems as though we step up against the better teams in the league.This will be a battle right to the end with us squeaking it out:D

There was a swirl of rumors circling the threads but it seems as though everything is coming together,with the core and some ex inter boys returning from a year hiatus,coupled with some great young players joining the crew,it should make it very interesting.

Good luck to every other team in our division,it will definately be battles week in and week out!

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Inter will take it this year. I like Indo too, but they seem to struggle against weaker teams occasionally. I just hope Sporting can manage to stay out of the basement :) .

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Sporting will stay if...

they shore up the gaping holes in the back and between the pipes.

Scoring should not be a problem. Except against Peg of course.

~TB.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
Speechless

That makes TB very angry, Cocco...

Tell Notty he better get his ass back on the TTP community, 'cause if he's handing out pics to unscrupulous posters, he can expect fully doctored ones of himself and Cocco doing whatever dance you two do throughout TTP.

Yours in Poaching,

~TB.

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peg

I would have to vote for peg, I think they have a lot of skilled players well except for one but I think we all know who that is.
I didn't pick inter becuase from what I have heard he is going to Pacific 96er's but I have no proof until it is seen, and Westside will have to fall at some point and I think it is there time.

JB

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting needs to rid themselves of a certain one-footed center back, who wears hoops, yet supports Gers.

The goalkeeping is top-drawer with the return of the Phillippino Phlyer for another season. 'Tis a shame he won't be there until November.

As for Peg, one can only assume that the mass exodus of strikers means Regsie will have to play up front this season. It should be fun. Nobody cares when frontrunners play square balls in the oppositions 18.....they actually encourage it sometimes. The only thing keeping him back from becoming a "premier" striker is his lack of pace, a left foot, ability to finish in tight situations, hair and youth. If the one-time central defender can overcome these deficiencies, Regs should be battling Benji and Danny Shanks for the coveted VMSL golden boot come March.

If not, it could be trouble for the flying horses

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just can't see anyone (other than Surrey) knocking off westside enough to have them fall from grace. But Go Peg Go.

2 left feet

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Peg will be the team to beat at the begining of the season. But as the cold weather and hard games come, look to Peg to fall from grace. It's not easy to train on shitty Mahon gravel with only 5 lads.

P.S

Roy Mitchell tells me Pegs the team to beat.
Any comments Regs?

2 left feet

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
training won't be an issue

Peg has the turf at Carson Graham one night a week for the year so your point is moot...

What else is Roy gonna say? Slurrey U?

Do I like our chances? A resounding yes. It's a long season but the important thing is to qualify for the BCs and I believe we will do so easily this year.

Though WAB tried to insinuate that we're too old, nothing could be further from the truth (just a head's up WAB but the following played on the weekend and are all under 30: Favs, Bunny, Marco, Sheps, and Steadman. Add to that London in net and Gino who is injured and we've quickly brought our average age down while maintaining our skill level).

Fitness may be an issue for the first couple of games but after that, I think some opposing teams may be in for some long afternoons.

~TB.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thread closed

Now that the season has started, I'm closing this thread. Look for a new poll after christmas for a chance to revise your votes :D

~TB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts