Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

‘Unbelievable promise’: York9 FC adds former L1O standout Cyrus Rollocks

ArticleBot

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
‘Unbelievable promise’: York9 FC adds former L1O standout Cyrus Rollocks

Toronto-area striker Cyrus Rollocks is staying put.
York9 FC announced the signing of the 21-year-old on Thursday, keeping the former League1 Ontario standout in the province as he pursues his professional career. "I was at a part of my life where I was looking to go overseas, and I realized I can now stay home and get my first pro minutes," Rollocks said. The former under-17 Canadian international most notably spent time in Toronto FC's youth setup, featuring for Toronto FC II and for the club's League1 Ontario outfit, where he scored 17 goals in 17 matches in 2017, earning Young Player of the Year honours.
York9 head coach Jimmy Brennan hopes Rollocks will contribute to his team’s scoring ranks right away. "He's a real young kid with an unbelievable amount of promise," Brennan said. "He's a strong, powerful striker, and he likes to take defenders on. That kind of player can cause problems for any back line. "He's got massive upside, and hopefully one day he'll be able to get himself into the national side." The former under-17 Canadian national team member last represented League1's Master’s Futbol Academy in 2018. Rollocks joins Joseph Di Chiara, Roger Thompson, Steven Furlano, Austin Ricci, Simon Adjei and Kyler Porter on York9's growing roster.

Continue reading...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0